PLM is a network of philosophical centres, institutes, and departments in Europe:
Arché, St Andrews (Herman Cappelen)
Department of Philosophy, CEU, Budapest (Hanoch Ben-Yami)
CLLAM, Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University (Peter Pagin)
CSMN, Oslo (Robyn Carston)
ILCLI, University of the Basque County, San Sebastian (Kepa Korta)
ILLC, Amsterdam (Robert van Rooij)
Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris (Francois Recanati)
Institute of Philosophy II, Ruhr University Bochum (Markus Werning)
Institute of Philosophy, University of London (Barry C. Smith)
LOGOS, University of Barcelona (Josep Macià)
NIP, University of Aberdeen (Crispin Wright)
PLM is coordinated by Robyn Carston, Centre for the Study of Mind in Nature, Oslo, until September 2015.
The main purposes of PLM are
1. To further philosophy of mind and language in Europe generally.
2. To provide a platform for cooperation between members, primarily in research, but possibly also in research training. This involves e.g. making use of PLM for joint applications to funding organisations.
• every two years organizes a major mind and language conference, with invited and contributed talks, where most invited speakers will be from Europe. A selected number of speakers will be asked to contribute a paper in a following special issue of Synthèse. The first conference took place in Stockholm in September 2011. The second PLM conference will take place in September 2013 in Budapest, organized by the Philosophy Department at CEU.
• every two years organizes an internal workshop.
• every year organizes a PhD master class, open to PhD students in Europe. The first PLM master class will take place in Paris 10-11 December 2012, organized by Institut Jean Nicod. The master philosopher will be Dan Sperber (CNRS, CEU, ICCI).
• endorses the Amsterdam Graduate Philosophy Conference.
With the financial support of the Program "New Ideas of Philosophy of mind and Language", Institut d'études cognitives, Ecole normale supérieure.
Sept 30-Oct 1, 2014
2014 PLM Workshop in Donostia. Topic: Indexicality in Language and Thought. Program for the PLM Workshop
Satellite event around John Perry: October 2-3. The commentators will be Eros Corazza, Stacie Friend, Genoveva Martí (TBC), François Recanati, Isidora Stojanovic and Kepa Korta. PLM Workshop
September 13, 2013
Second PLM Conference - Philosophy of Language and Mind
- Second PLM Master Class with David Chalmers Stockholm University, 7-8 June, 2015
- The third PLM conference will take place at the Centre for the Study of Mind in Nature (CSMN), University of Oslo, 11-13 September 2015
Every two years PLM (see: http://langmind.eu/) organises a conference in the philosophy of language and philosophy of mind. .
Key-note speakers will be:
- Herman Cappelen (Arche, St.Andrews and CSMN, Oslo)
- Kathrin Glüer (Stockholm University)
- Chris Gauker (University of Saltzburg)
- Michiel van Lambalgen (University of Amsterdam)
- Frederique de Vignemont (Institut Jean Nicod, Paris)